<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 01, 2010

1.1.10

Happy new year, loyal readers!
And, depending upon your opinions on the calendar, happy new decade!

Despite having spent both last night and today pretty much by myself, I have no particularly profound reflections to present at the start of this fine January. No great insights have popped up during the New Year's Day parade, the Winter Classic, or the Rose Bowl.

I can only continue to hope that somehow this year will go better, both personally and professionally than the one that just ended. For a variety of reasons--dissertation writing and moving farther away from grad school among others--it's been a rough year. Not rough like when I was teaching at Underwood, but stressful nonetheless.

I have no doubt that this year will also have its share of frustrations. Graduate school is not easy. Nor is life, for that matter. But perhaps this time around, there is room for improvement.

I have to believe that.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?