<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! (and #6!)

Hello, 2009...
Yes, at long last, my silence is broken. It's a whole new year and there are all sorts of things about which one could blog, from the incoming presidential administration to the conflicts in the Middle East. And I admit that I had planned to post a brief update today about my recent research project and other, more mundane, matters. But I had a feeling that few people would really care to learn about the extensive debates concerning the nature of heat among 18th and 19th century natural philosophers.

Not that I wouldn't write about it anyway. After all, I'm into the history of science. This stuff is my bread and butter.

But something more important has come up. Two things, actually.

This is a sad day for science-fiction fans. Patrick McGoohan and Ricardo Montalban have both passed away.

Rest in peace, #6 and General Singh. Hopefully, you weren't filed/stamped/indexed/briefed/debriefed/numbered/or buried alive (buried alive) in the finest Corinthian leather.





Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?