<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Passed Over Cuisine

For those not in the know, Passover ended yesterday night, so I was finally able to splurge on some delicious starchy foods. You can trust me on this, you never know how much you miss things like rice, corn, peanut butter, or...you know, BREAD.

Still, I really can't complain too much. After all, I don't mind the taste of matzah that much. With butter it makes for a delicious breakfast, and with a good supply of cold cuts in the fridge, lunch is a snap. (Personally, my favorite is ham and cheese. It's trafe-tastic!)

The real challenge would normally be dinner, especially since unlike every other university campus in the country, Old Ivy has no cheap fast food places for me to grab french fries. But this year, during my pre-Passover shopping trip, I discovered that the local supermarket had me covered. Which is why this past week I've been dining on:

1. Cheese Blintzes
2. Buffalo Wings (most of the normal ones have breading)
3. Pierogies (Filled with tomato and cheese--Pizzarogies!)
4. Ravioli

And my favorite

5. Pizza (Yes...pizza. The crust was a touch dry, but the cheese and sauce were quite good. And the whole thing fit in my toaster oven, so it was evenly heated and not at all soggy.)

There's a lesson to be learned here, and not just about how slavery is bad and drinking four cups of overly sweetened wine is good. That lesson is as follows:

When in doubt, check the kosher frozen food section. Don't settle for just the regular.

Use this knowledge wisely, readers. You know...the next time you suddenly find yourself unable to eat leavened bread.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?