<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 19, 2007

Iraq Warcraft

Four years ago today, the United States armed forces invaded Iraq. Since then, over 3,000 Americans have died, the nation is a chaotic jumble of factionalism and violence, and an exit strategy is nowhere to be found. All in all, things are looking bleak.

And yet, despite all the horrors of war that I, like all of you out there, see and hear about in the news everyday, I still found this article funny.

Maybe it's because I'm nostalgic for the good old days when the only armed combat I cared about involved paladins and oil supplies could be secured with minimal casualties as long as one could fend off giant sea turtles.

If only we could bring our troops home and settle this whole thing through a spirited 8 player melee in the Garden of War on Battle.net...but that doesn't seem too likely. Nevertheless, I know that I'm not alone when I write that I sincerely hope that the carnage in the Middle East ends soon so that everyone fighting over there can return home safely to their friends and loved ones.

We'll see how things stand in a year.

(Thanks to the Caseator for pointing out the article in question.)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?