<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 19, 2007

A Taxing Change of Address Process

If February is here, can taxes be far behind? Unfortunately, this year things are not going quite so smoothly. Part of this is the fault of the folks at my old post office who have not been forwarding any of my mail to the Invisible Commune.

I was aware this might be an issue however and contacted my old employers, the City School District, by phone a month ago to confirm my new mailing address. I even got the Invisible Dad to fax in the change of address paperwork for me. A few weeks go by, and I don't have my W-2. So I call them up again last Friday. Apparently the change of address form has still not gone through, but they're more than willing to change things on their computers. Enter in the new address and it's done.

Or so I thought.

Today I get home from the library and discover a letter from the School District Payroll Office. Could it be? My W-2? Did bureaucracy actually work for me?

Of course not.

I open it up and what do I find?

A change of address form.

Think about that for a second.

They MAILED me a change of address form...to my new address no less!


It seems that after all these years, I finally discovered conclusive evidence showing that the left hand really does not know what the right hand is doing.
And I would be feeling much more amused by all this if I didn't have to call the School District tomorrow to ask the same questions I contacted them about a month ago.
Some things just don't end, you know?

Comments:
The firm that I'm tutoring for gave me a W-2 with an incorrect social security number. I think the problem has been resolved, but ugh. Taxes.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?