<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 12, 2007

Any Comments?

In case you were wondering where the comments went after last year's movie quote contest, I've been puzzling over whether or not they should be included on a more regular basis. On the one hand, this blog has survived for three years without comments, allowing me to avoid potential conflicts of interest with my place of employment and generally maintain my anonymity. On the other hand, I am no longer working as a teacher and the function of the blog has changed somewhat and some of you may actually want to seize upon this as a method of keeping in touch.


Still I remain a touch hesitant as to whether to include them. After all, even when they were available almost no one responded. Alost half of them (3) were from one person: my associate in the Sleeper Cell. And the other half consisted of posts from myself, my girlfriend, and my family respectively. (Don't worry Evil Twin Matt! I haven't forgotten about your insidious contribution!) After a participation drought of three years, I suppose I was expecting a bit more enthusiasm.

After some deliberation, however, I've decided to follow the example of blogs like Crescat Sententia. Comments will not be automatically included in all posts, but on occasion will be turned on to foster discussion or gather feedback. I know this whole responding thing is going to be weird, both for me and for you, but who knows maybe it will catch on.

So again, the deal is comments will be regularly opened as appropriate for the post. Hopefully this policy makes sense and you all agree with it.

And if you don't...feel free to explain why.

As of now, the comments are open.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?