<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 31, 2006

You Can't Fire Me!

Today marks a strange moment of transition in the life of the Invisible Ben. As of the close of business today, August 31, I will no longer be employed as a teacher at Underwood High School. My resignation paperwork will go through and there will be no more paychecks, no more benefits, and no more health insurance. Until tomorrow when my graduate student insurance kicks in.

I'll be out of the school system's hair for good and will probably have to alter the subtitle on this blog because I will no longer be an "educator" per se...just another one of the throngs being "educated." (Assuming graduate school doesn't chew me up and spit me out...)

Ordinarily, I would consider writing a more lengthy reflection on this semi-momentous occasion, but instead all I am reminded of is the fact that I'm moving on Saturday and have only just now finished packing all my books, DVDs, and CDs. The list of things I have yet to pack is much longer and includes things like clothes, kitchenware, and the ever popular office supplies. The goal is to get through packing these things today.

It's a big goal and it won't be solved by blogging. So I'd best get to it.

Tally-ho...and all that.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?