<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Movie Quote Contest: Back With a Vengeance

The winter break is nearly upon us, and longtime readers of this blog know that can only mean one thing! Yes, it's that most glorious of holiday traditions: the annual Invisible Ben Movie Quote Contest!
This year's contest has a slight twist. In the past, I included some movies that I had not actually seen. This year, every film on the list, I've watched in their entirety, from the studio logo until the closing credits.

Otherwise, the format is the same as always: 50 films, 50 quotes. See how many you can identify!

Answers will be posted around New Year's.

1. Joey, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

2. I remember every detail. The Germans wore gray, you wore blue.

3. You'll get your Iron Cross now, "Von" Ryan!

4. Fat man, you shoot a great game of pool.

5. I am not an animal! I am a human being! I am a man!

6. Have you ever been in love, Mac?
No, I have always been a bartender.

7. I'm sorry, Wazowski, but Randall said I'm not allowed to fraternize with victims of his evil plot.

8. We would have injected vitamin C if only they had made it illegal.

9. Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66.

10. Scottie, do you believe that someone out of the past - someone dead - can enter and take possession of a living being?

11. In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God.

12. I'm very discreet... but I will haunt your dreams.

13. Jimmy had never asked me to whack somebody before - but now he's asking me to go down to Florida and do a hit with Anthony? That's when I knew I would never have come back from Florida alive.

14. Rise and shine, campers, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

15. I am going to go with the balloon animal display for the kids, and then when she comes near, guess who’s the broken man with the haunted past?

16. I hope you die!
That'll be the day.

17. There's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But, they don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you.

18. Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.

19. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

20. That's funny...that plane's dustin' crops where there ain't no crops.

21. And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death.

22. Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a little plastic rocket

23. Bring back life form. Priority One. All other priorities rescinded.

24. He told them to look not at the facts, but at the meaning of the facts. Then he said the facts had no meaning.

25. You know, once I was thinking of quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends and family, I got back on the bike and won the Tour de France five times in a row. But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit.

26. I'll count three, and if you're not out of the house by then, I'll loose the dogs on you.
If you say "three," mister, you'll never hear the man count "ten."

27. You know what I think? You're stealing gold, that's what I think. We're fighting Saddam and dying, and you're stealing gold.

28. Can I get a copy of this? I'd like to send it to the kids from the show "Full House."

29. You guys are about to write a story that says the former Attorney General, the highest-ranking law enforcement officer in this country, is a crook! Just be sure you're right.

30. I beg your pardon, but aren't you Guy Haines?

31. Chuck. Chuck. It's Marvin - your cousin, Marvin BERRY. You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this.

32. You're bleeding, man.
I ain't got time to bleed.

33. Damn it boss, I like you too much not to say it. You've got everything except one thing: madness!

34. What did one shepherd say to the other shepherd? Let's get the flock out of here!

35. Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger.

36. You see, their young enter through the ears and wrap themselves around the cerebral cortex. This has the effect of rendering the victim extremely susceptible to suggestion. Later as they grow follows madness and death.

37. Technically speaking, the operation is brain damage, but on a par with a night of heavy drinking. Nothing you'll miss.

38. Ma chère mademoiselle. It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite to relax, let us pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents... your dinner.

39. I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious.

40. Why would a man leave his apartment three times on a rainy night with a suitcase and come back three times?

41. In the end, it was luck. We were this close to nuclear war, and luck prevented it.

42. And so, Theodore Donald Karabotsos, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean, which you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince.

43. Take this guy... armed robbery, double homicide. Has a taste for theatrics, like you. He leaves a calling card.

44. Your mother's in here, Karras. Would you like to leave a message? I'll see that she gets it.

45. Now I'm gonna have to get rid of my outlaw name, it just won't work anymore. My real name's Wyatt Earp.

46. My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs.

47. Hey, what's-a matter, you no understand English? You can't come in here unless you say, "Swordfish."

48. This is blood for blood and by the gallon. These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choice left. And I'm ready for war.

49. This weekend is not about me. It is about you. I'm gonna show you a good time. We're gonna drink a lot of good wine. We're gonna play some golf. We're gonna eat some great food and enjoy the scenery and we are going to send you off in style, mon frere.

50. Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?