<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Wheels On the Bus

Yesterday, I decided I would head downtown to run some errands and rediscovered the joy of public transportation. No, I'm not talking about the seemingly endless wait for the bus to arrive and whisk me home. Nor the overcrowded and noisy conditions on the bus itself. I'm not even upset we had to take a detour due to another futile effort to stop the city from being consumed from within by potholes.

No...the problem with public transportation yesterday was the public: the non-bus traveling public. Specifically, the kid who thought it would be a bright idea on his day off from school to spend time throwing rocks at buses. And wouldn't you know it? He shattered a window throwing from at least 100 feet away. Kid must have been only 7 or so, but he had one heck of an arm. Needless to say, the reaction from the people near the window was justified annoyance which took the form of yelling at the driver to do something. Which is why I ended up having to wait for another 15 minutes or so in order to switch to another bus. Not that anything was done to the kid in question.

I did enjoy the offhand remark of one passenger who noted that this is what happens when the kids are off from school. Didn't really have the heart to comment that they aren't that much better behaved inside a classroom than out. Probably wouldn't have believed me anyway.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?