<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Happy New Year

The school district where I work has arranged what is arguably the most convoluted schedule for these two weeks.

Consider:

Monday: In school. (regular day)
Tuesday: Off (Rosh Hashanah)
Wednesday: Off (ditto)
Thursday: In school (regular day)
Friday: In school (ditto)
Saturday and Sunday: Off (weekend)
Monday: Off (Columbus Day)
Tuesday: In school (regular day)
Wednesday: In school (most likely extended homeroom schedule, but just in case we also have district wide benchmark tests and PSATs scheduled that day)
Thursday: Off (Yom Kippur)
Friday: In school (regular day)

So for those keeping track at home, that's:

One day on.
Two days off.
Two days on.
Three days off.
Three days on.
One day off.
One day on.

Not that I'm not enjoying my second weekend. It gives me time to see family, run some rather crucial errands, reflect on my future. And I should not forget: celebrate the new year, both in the religious sense (Happy 5766!) and the secular one. (Happy 2 year anniversary blog...that means on average about 100 posts a year. Not bad, but I could do better.)

Oh, and because people were curious on my opinion: Serenity was a pretty damn good movie. Sadly, left a lot of my questions from the series unanswered, but I guess that's what sequels are for, right? I may touch on this more later.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?