<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sick

Nothing like the first illness of the school year. Woke up this morning feeling achy with a sore throat. Tonight after what seems like dozens of zinc lozenges and far too many glasses of mint tea, my throat is still sore and my headache is far from receding. Two years in this business, and I haven't taken a day off for medical reasons. But it's still tempting.

Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning.

Oh...speaking of things that make me sick, I'm currently boycotting the online edition of the New York Times. Why should I be bitter at that proud paragon of journalism? Because they decided to deny one of the small pleasures I have at 5:45 in the morning as I wait for my oatmeal to finish in the microwave: the Times editorial page. Goodbye, Maureen Dowd! So long, Tom Friedman! It's been fun, David Brooks! Thanks to TimesSelect...you've denied me the simple pleasure of intelligent discourse unless I shell out $50.

For now...you're on the enemies list, New York Times! I feel like Richard Nixon.

Sick, isn't it?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?