<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A new car?

Yes, that's right. After 16 years of loyal service to my family and two very solid years as my vehicle of choice, the Invisible Ben Mobile is being replaced. Tomorrow, I travel by train to pick up Version 3.0, with features like reliably working air conditioning and a CD player. No more CD/Tape adapters for me! Another shift in car color is also in the cards. Those of you in the know recall that Ben-Mobile, v. 1.0 was dark blue. In an inadvertent nod to the Civil War, v. 2.0 is gray, or if you're feeling benevolent...silver. The latest Ben-mobile breaks from the trend, with a shiny red paint job. Technically, that's not true. While doing research on various car models, I quickly learned that cars do not come in red anymore, or blue or silver. The simple Crayola colors of our youth have been deemed overly generic by today's automakers. Which is why my new car is not merely red. No, to appeal to today's younger, hipper audiences it's

SANGRIA RED!!!

Which is ironic when you think about the fact that sangrĂ­a, by definition, is an alcoholic beverage. And nothing says responsible driver like a cool refreshing bit of the alcohol. What does next season hold for automobile model colors? Coors Silver? Guinness Black? Johnny Walker Blue? Hmm...I may be on to something here.

In any event, I'm looking forward to the car. And I certainly am glad I didn't trade it in for that mystery box.


Some other quick news points:




That's all for now folks. Until next time...keep watching the skies. (Perseid meteor shower is coming on the 12th!)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?