<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

God Bless the Onion!

The Powers That Be [TM] at America's Finest News Source [TM] probably have far better things to do with their time than reading this blog. After reading this article however, it would not surprise me if they did.

I can't tell you how many times I have written that exact thing in my head, right down to the phrase "wasting their precious youth on a Sisyphean endeavor." This is scarily accurate, especially this quote which harkens back to an incident at my training in Los Angeles where an actual deceased canine was lying in front of the school:

"I knew that teaching in a severely under-funded inner-city school would be challenging, but I wanted to get out into the real world," Cuellen said. "Well, breaking up fistfights between 8-year-olds all day long, I got a real ugly view of reality. Do you want to know reality? Look at a dog lying dead in the gutter. That's reality."


NB: The only fist fight I had to deal with today was between a 14 yr. old girl who was ready to kill one of her classmates for shooting a spitball at her from across the room. No 8 year olds were harmed in the running of my classroom.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?