<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 25, 2005

A.M. v. P.M.

After returning home around 3:00 on Thursday afternoon due to the weather-induced early dismissal, I took some time to enjoy myself. Flipped through the new issue of Mental Floss (a nerdy magazine, but a wonderfully fun read!) and then picked up my latest acquisition from the local library: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. Curled up beneath three layers of bedding watching the steel-gray sky filled with a swarm of snowflakes and reading about the esoteric adventures of two magicians in Napoleonic England, I fell asleep only to awaken to the sounds of NPR from my clock radio.

I looked at the time, 5:30. My customary wakeup time! But this wasn't the BBC. This sounded like...American radio. Wait a minute...if this was Americna radio they should be announcing school closings. But no...they were doing news stories about the Middle East. And that was when it hit me. That was Scott Simon, and I was listening to All Things Considered. It was 5:30 P.M. on Thursday. And it would be a LOOOOOONG 12 hours until my real wakeup and the news I dreaded that I would indeed have work in the morning.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?