<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 03, 2005

Existential Blues

This morning I woke up, thanks not to my first alarm, not to my second alarm, but through the cacophonous mercy of my third (and final) alarm which I set as a backup which through its blaring ministries shook me from a very deep slumber. I found myself ensconsed in a warm cocoon of blankets, bleerily gazing at the green lit numbers of my clock radio (5:35!) and said to myself..."what's the point?" I turned over and went back to sleep for a good 10 minutes, but then I realized that my choice of profession necessitated these early wakeups. Which made me wonder...is this worthwhile?

The sleep deprivation...the stress...is it worth it? And if it's not...does that matter in the short-term? After all, I still have to get up and go to work!

I hate the end of vacations. Even ones as short as this one (which lasted a total of 10 days) provide an all-too-fleeing glimpse of what my life was like before my eyes were open by entering the world of teaching and the world of work in general.

Time to cut off my musings...goddamnit. Time to go to school.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?