<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 30, 2005

"Better get used to that letter, young lady..."

So the other day I had to given the district mandated benchmark test. The idea is to make sure the students and teachers are keeping pace with the core curriculum. When many students did not bring the number 2 pencils needed to complete the exam, I decided upon an alternate strategem to just giving them the missing writing utensils.
"Take out a piece of lined paper and write down your answers in pen," I told them. "When you have finished, you can borrow another person's pencil and fill in your answer sheet."

All well and good, except some people didn't finish until after the bell had rung. So of course, they just turned in their paper and bustled off to class leaving the task of filling in the bubbles to me. The test was a simple multiple choice affair, choices labeled a, b, c, and d.

Which is why this one girl's paper made me so concerned. The "A or B" on question #7 was one thing. But the fact that question #1 was answered F...well, I have a feeling that she'll be seeing a lot more of that letter in the future.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?