<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 12, 2004

The Movie Quote Contest Returns!

Ladies and gentlemen...I've been so stressed of late that I haven't been posting as much. I admit it. No apologies, no regrets...but, accept this oh desperate readers as a peace offering of sorts. The return of the annual Invisible Ben Movie Quote Contest! How many of these quotes can you place?

Answers will be up around New Year's.

1. In fact the double negative has led to proof positive. I'm afraid you gave yourself away.

2. My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know.

3. And now, ladies and gentlemen, before I tell you any more, I'm going to show you the greatest thing your eyes have ever beheld. He was a king and a god in the world he knew, but now he comes to civilization merely a captive--a show to gratify your curiosity.

4. How far is it to Winnipeg from Montreal?

5. Here you go. The killer's a literature professor. He cuts off little chunks from his victims' bodies until they die. He calls himself "the deconstructionist.”

6. Hey, that ain't ours!
Sure it is.
But we come in this one.
That don't mean we have to go home in it!

7. Become vengeance, David. Become wrath.

8. Because you're on television, dummy. Sixty million people watch you every night of the week, Monday through Friday.

9. Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.

10. Guns for show, knives for a pro.

11. Hello, this is Sy Greenblum, president of Spatula City. I like the spatulas so much, I bought the company.

12. Metaman - express elevator! Dynaguy - snagged on takeoff! Splashdown - sucked into a vortex! NO CAPES!

13. Twenty million people died defeating that son of a bitch, and he's our first ambassador to outer space?

14. Did you know that Eleanor Roosevelt gave Lou Gehrig the clap?

15. Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent? He's weak, he's unsure of himself... he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race

16. What was I supposed to do...call him for cheating better than me, in front of the others?

17. What does God need with a starship?

18. Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is... maybe he didn't.

19. That's the machine that goes “ping.”

20. Not strong enough, yet. Well, I will be soon enough. Until then... I'll let Jason have some fun.

21. How’s that for a bit of fried gold?

22. It seems to me the only thing you've learned is that Caesar is a "salad dressing dude."

23. You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body.

24. If it's secret and elite, it can't be good.

25. Home is behind, the world ahead.
And there are many paths to tread.
Through shadow to the edge of night.
Until the stars are all alight.
Mist and shadow.
Cloud and shade.
All shall fade. All shall fade.

26. No shooting friends, Joseph!

27. Look how she moves! That's just like Jell-O on springs. Must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex!

28. Do you consider the eating of oysters to be moral and the eating of snails to be immoral?

29. I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means "no."

30. Thirty years from now, when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you, "What did you do in the great World War II," you won't have to say, "Well... I shoveled shit in Louisiana."

31. Henry's bed is Henry's province, he may people it with sheep if he wishes. Which upon occasion he has done.

32. Well, can't he just beam up?
This is reality, Greg.

33. Great, a Soul Train reject, with a Robin Hood complex.

34. In fact, you know what they call me back home? You're gonna love this...The Lone Free Ranger!

35. "When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer." The benefits of a classical education.

36. You can’t fool me! There is no sanity clause!

37. No thank you. We are dressed in our best and are prepared to go down as gentlemen. But, We would like a brandy.

38. Mr. Laurio, never trust a beautiful woman, especially one who's interested in you.

39. Trumpy...you can do magic things!

40. You was my brother, Charley, you shoulda looked out for me a little bit. You shoulda taken care of me just a little bit so I wouldn't have to take them dives for the short-end money.

41. Or else Pizza...will send out for you!

42. Every time I put my line in the water I said a Hail Mary, and every time I said a Hail Mary I caught a fish.

43. You can not make friends with the rock stars. That's what's important.

44. Of course, he was a Harvard graduate. That might be grounds for justifiable homicide.

45. Sew, old woman, sew! Like the wind!

46. What would you call that hairstyle you're wearing?
Arthur.

47. Oh, it's about this woman who's incredibly - well, she's a hostess and she's incredibly confident and she's going to give a party. And, maybe because she's confident, everyone thinks she's fine... but she isn't.

48. Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause of the leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

49. Tell them I was murdered by my mathematics tutor; they'll never believe you in any case!

50. Hey, what's your name?
Davis.
Mine's McCardle. Well, so long.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?