<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 14, 2004

B$3,132.60

All this talk in the news recently about Microsoft's recent launch of a search engine intended to compete with Google made me realize that it had been a long time since I had engaged in that most narcissistic of Internet procrastinations, the self-google. "Where can one find The Invisible Ben on the web?" I thought to myself...and proceeded to google away to my heart's content.

I typed in "Invisible Ben", and since I was feeling lucky, indicated such by clicking on the appropriate button on the Google engine. And lo and behold, I was brought here!

Huzzah...now to see how far my luck could be stretched.

Back to google, this time, not feeling quite as lucky, so just a regular search.

The top two sites were both mine.

The fifth involved an Invisible Chinese Woman...not named Ben, I'm willing to guess.

It's the third and fourth that were most interesting.

Apparently my blog is a traded commodity on Blogshares. (The title of this post is my market value as of the end of last month.) And apparently, without my knowledge, two people have seized control of 80% of my shares! Who are you Shade and Kenny Tay? Who are you and what is the sinister game into which you have you dragged this blog?

I'm not offended really...more like surprised. But probably not as surprised as some of my other friends will be that their blogs are also on the market. Dave's Progress Report, for example...or The Sleeper Cell. The Sleeper in particular will not be pleased to see his blog involved in a simulated capitalist economy.

No sir, he will not.

In any case, I found it amusing. Here's hoping for a bullish week...with a minimum of bull from students.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?