<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Death to the Bambino?!?

The Boston Red Sox have entirely redeemed themselves.
Just moments ago they finished arguably the most exciting championship series...ever, pulling off a 10-3 victory over the Yankees and sweeping the 4th straight game in a row.
Damon, Bellhorn, Foulke, Schilling, Ortiz...all outstanding.

It doesn't matter that my teaching was miserable today...
That my graduate classes are mind numbing and pointless...
That my life seems adrift and empty...

All I can say is rest in peace, oh great Bambino.
And long live New England's baseball team...the Boston Red Sox!

(NB: My colleague at Sideshow at the Seashore has also posted a series of informative and entertaining posts in the aftermath of Saturday's game. He also has nothing but admiration for the Sox's recent achievement.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?