<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 26, 2004

The Sword of Damocles

The summer is nearly over, and the dread is upon me. How does one plan for the start of a school year when one has no clue which subject (s) he is teaching, much less the nature of the curriculum (s) involved? Most of my colleagues are well on track with their unit planning, or at least planning activities for the first week of school. I'm sitting here in my apartment wringing my hands and waiting for my laundry to finish.

I am fully aware that I will have to confront my situation...but right now, I actually am not in a position to do much. How can I even prepare handouts for the first day when I don't know whether I'm teaching physics, general physical science, or something entirely different... (Chemistry anyone?) I went to the school yesterday, but the outgoing roster chair couldn't tell me any details and the principal was running all over the school, a blur in orange and black.

My hope is to get a grasp on everything next week during professional development. Set up some good systems over the Labor Day Weekend...and then, it's once more unto the breach...

WHEEEEEEE.

(scream in terror)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?