<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Rocks Do Not Evolve

A gray rainy day here in the city, a fitting end to my summer vacation. No, the school year has not begun in the middle of July...thank goodness. Tomorrow simply marks the beginning of my involvement in a new summer program. I'll be doing research in a local university's nanotechnology lab as part of an initiative to integrate cutting edge research into classroom curricula. I can't be any more specific as to the details of my research, but the advisor I am working with seems to study everything from the phase changes of ceramics to reverse alchemy (turning diamonds into graphite!). My hope is that I might be able to pick up a few new skills along the way and maybe even get something practical that I can utilize come September.

Given the nature of the program, I found it a somewhat ironic coincidence that a friend should send me this link to a website, displaying the results of a Creationist Science Fair.

Yes. You read that correctly: A Creationist Science Fair. I had no idea such an event existed, or even could exist. But apparently, the fair is not only possible, but necessary for the perpetuation of proper scientific knowledge according to founder Richard Paley. Dr. Paley holds a Theobiology teaching position at Fellowship University, or as it is known to non-believers, F.U. He explains the importance of the Creationist Science Fair to our future:

"Our children are the future face of Science and we must teach them to recognize the truth of the Word of the Lord so as to break the cycle of Evolutionism dogma that is paralyzing scientific development and making higher education a dumping ground for the excesses of materialistic philosophies."

Based on this website, the future of Science (with a capital S) seems brighter than ever. Consider these award- winning exhibits:

And my personal favorites:
Reading over these entries brought a little tear to my eye. It seems clear that the future of science is in good hands. Heck, I'm even debating becoming an anti-triclavianist myself.

Who's with me?


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?