<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

A cast of zany characters!

So I thought I'd just mention a few of the wacky characters who continue to populate my classes after the break:

Bladder Boy: Raises his hand 15 minutes before the end of the period to say that he had to go to the bathroom "real bad." Proceeds to inform me that he has a bladder problem and that he really has to go and if I want he'll go to the nurse and get me a note. I inform him the nurse's office is closed and he should sit down and do his work! He then says another teacher has given him permission to go to the bathroom any time. "Oh really?" I say. I proceed to call that teacher and of course the man did no such thing. I tell the kid to sit down, and he does. A few minutes later the other teacher comes over and asks who had been making such outrageous lies and bringing him into it. I point out the kid. The kid proceeds to lie... "No, it wasn't me...it was so and so." Bladder Boy's adventures weren't done though. He spent most of the rest of the period walking around the classroom looking for a pencil. And by looking for a pencil, I mean staring at a poster.

The Ladies' Man...only notThinks he's a hit with the ladies and likes walking around the class to talk with them about how hot (or not) they are. Enjoys doing such things as flirting with girls across the room and then claiming he wasn't talking, proclaiming loudly how he wants to do work and succeed and then goofing around the rest of the period, and answering questions loudly and with confidence even if he has no idea what he's saying. Yesterday he wanted to stick his hand into the flame of a portable stove. This is a very hot blue flame and he wanted to stick his hand in it. Almost did it too...


The Class Clown: Too much to really list here right now...let's just say this student has 4 F's, all poor behavior grades, and it seems like he couldn't care less.

The Hensler Smart as a whip, but a jerk, this young lady finds the class too easy and has become increasingly rude and apathetic. She complains about students talking and distracting from the class, she is often seen doing just that. She consistently shows up late to class, and yesterday accused me of intentionally trying to mark her absence when she didn't show up until 15 minutes late. (It's a good thing she had a pass or I might have done just that!)


The funny (and sad) thing? These kids are all in the same class. And man, in some ways I really can not wait to see them gone.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?