<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

24 hours later

It went about as expected yesterday. My careful lesson planning paid off (somewhat) for physics...but with the freshmen?

Let's put it this way.

I gave them the standard 20 minute warmup. (20 minutes!) It was supposed to be a simple worksheet on solutions (solvent v. solute, that kind of thing). Not only were students continuously late, trickling in up to an hour and fifteen minutes beyond the start of the period, but they were so uninterested in the subject that we spent the entire period reviewing the exercise!

20 minute warmup.
90 minute period.

Damn...damn damn damn.

One other thing. With very rare exceptions, everyone seems to be happy to be done with the current schedule in a few weeks. There was some applause when I mentioned it yesterday. I had to hide my glee...but such is life.

I'm sure I'll get a bunch of new jokers and fools and idiots next semester...but they won't be quite as much of a lost cause as I feel like some of these guys are.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?