<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Some diversions...
Following a relatively stress free day of teaching (despite 5 detentions, still had time to deliver my lessons as planned!), I've decided to followup quickly on the promises in an earlier post.

To wit: You'll now find a few new additions to the Invisible Ben link list. One is a self-described intellectual omnivore, the other is simply an enthusiastic fellow with a predeliction for orange pants.

Also a nomination here for the most surreal animated trailer of the year:
  • The Triplets of Belleville


  • I'm not precisely sure what this movie is about, but any film featuring the zany hijinks of the French mafia (it's even funnier because it's French!) can't be all bad! The animation seems simultaneously cartoonish and ultrarealistic. I can think of only a few movies I really want to see more right now out in theaters. The obvious one is Return of the King, but I likely won't get to that until Friday. (Maybe I'll post a review...)

    (By the way after watching the trailer for Triplets again, a random thought: Anyone else think the barbershop scene is an homage to Chaplin's Great Dictator? Ok, probably not, but still a cool image in a trailer full of cool images.)

    As always...more to come.

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?