<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

"How's that working out for you...being clever?"

Followup to previous post:

The same student who called me "ignorant" continues to procrastinate in class, doing everything possible...chatting, yelling across the room for a piece of gum, sharing a magazine with a neighbor, etc., rather than do his work. Another popular tactic is to try to distract me from the task at hand by asking personal questions or directing irrelevant smalltalk towards me. So this student does the latter...I confess, I don't remember the specific question, but I respond with a smile and ask if he's finished his notes.

His response?

"Why you gotta be smart? Look at that smile...he just fakin'. He just tryin' to be smart!"

Inaudible mumbling (possibly mixed with profanity) followed...and the student loudly announced that he never did finish off copying the outline I posted on the overhead.

First I'm ignorant Now I'm smart. Looks like I can't win...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?