<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Funny...I don't feel blissful.
So one of my students got mad at me today because he claimed to have left his hat in my classroom and now could not find it. He had asked me earlier if I could find it for him, but the hat simply was not there. I explained that if I had found the hat I certainly would have returned it. Or at the least dropped it on the little table in the corner I use for lost and found items.

I then told him that he should stop talking about the hat, and directed him to sit down and do his sustained silent reading.

At this point he got annoyed, and accused me of being "ignorant". On the plus side he sat down. On the minus side he continued to chatter for the entirety of the silent reading.

Remind me again how asking someone that in school you are supposed to follow directions and do your work makes me ignorant? Because ironically enough...I'm a little confused.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?